Family Rate: Calvary Christian Academy is excited to share with families that beginning 2011-2012 we will be offering a Family Rate. Families with two or more children pay a maximum of twice the current Grade 1 – 8 tuition rate plus the $250 student fee for each child to cover the cost of field trips and school materials.
2011 – 2012 Standard Tuition Rates and Fees
Junior Kindergarten (Monday and Wednesday and Friday) $3015
Extended Kindergarten(Monday – Friday) $5040
Grades 1 – 8 $5040
Family Rate $10, 080
Tuition can be paid in equal payments over 12 months, from July to June
post-dated tuition cheques (dated either on the 1st or the 15th of each month) are due on June 1
$265 per student fee to cover the cost of field trips and school materials is applicable in addition to the standard tuition rates
Special Tuition Discounts
The following special tuition discounts are available to some CCA families based on their individual family situations. Eligible families may make use of no more than one of the special tuition discounts. These discounts are only applicable to the standard tuition rates and are not applicable to the field trip and materials fees. With the exception of the Pre-payment Discount, the special tuition discounts are to be applied separately from any of the basic tuition discounts and eligible families will be granted the lesser of the two resulting tuition amounts.
Christian High School Discount
20% reciprocal tuition discount to families with more than 1 child enrolled as students at CCA.
50% tuition discount is available to any full-time staff member of the school
- Tuition assistance is available to eligible families and is allocated according to need and availability
- Applications are available by contacting the school office
- $50 non-refundable fee must accompany the application to cover the cost of administration (this fee will be applied to tuition if the application is approved)
- Priority will be given to families in full time Ministry
- CCA must be notified of any financial status changes within the school year (i.e. new job, increased pay, tax refund, inheritance, etc.)
The previous pre-payment discount will not be offered this year.
Additional Financial Topics
- Tuition deposits are required to secure placement and are due on or before May 21st
- Each family must submit $100 per student, up to a $200 family maximum
Late Payments and NSFs
- Post-dated tuition cheques are to be dated for either the 1st or the 15th of the month
- A $10 fee will be charged for the first NSF; subsequent NSF’s will result in a $25 fee
- A $20 fee will be charged for late payments (including tuition, cleaning, property maintenance, etc. )
Refunds and Early Withdrawal
When we accept your child to CCA, we commit all resources and salaries for the entire year to ensure our students get an excellent education. We expect that all parents enrolling a child in the school will seriously consider the financial commitment they are making.
- All deposits, payments and post-dated cheques made to the school are non-refundable
- Any family withdrawing their child from CCA before the school year is completed will be required to pay the entire year’s tuition
- Exceptions will only be made in the case of a move beyond a reasonable distance of the school
There is a significant financial gap between the tuition revenue and operating expenses. In an attempt to keep tuition affordable (one of the core values of CCA), the school relies on parent volunteerism. It is expected that each family will contribute their gifts, experience and time through their involvement in at least one school committee for the duration of the year. Committee Chairs will be responsible for supervising participation.
- Each family must regularly contribute an equal portion of the ongoing efforts of at least one committee
- Families may “opt out” of this obligation with a payment of $1000 at the start of the school year
Uniform costs are estimated at $200 per child, but they can also purchased “used” at the start of each term.
In an attempt to share the workload of maintaining our school facilities without incurring significant expense, CCA families are expected to assist with cleaning duties. They also have the option to “opt out” by making a financial contribution to support this expense.
- Families are expected to assist with cleaning 6 times per year (3 times each term)
- “Opting out” is covered with one-time payment of $150 at the start of the school year
- Families who choose to participate will submit 6 cheques of $25 each (at the start of the school year) which are not cashed unless a scheduled cleaning does not take place
Families are expected to contribute towards the maintenance and development of the school property. There are several scheduled work bees throughout the school year, as well as specific tasks and activities that can be worked on according to individual schedules.
- Families are expected to contribute 6 hours of outside work
- “Opting out” is covered with one-time payment of $50 at the start of the school year
- Complete and submit an application form
- Agree to our Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
- Submit Pastor’s letter of reference
- Submit the most recent report card for each student to be considered for admission
- Attend a formal interview with members of the Admissions Committee
- Child(ren) may be asked to meet with the teacher(s) for academic assessment