CALVARY CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL
CCHS held an Information night on Thursday February 8th. Click here to access the presentation to learn more about CCHS.
You can follow CCHS on their Facebook page by clicking here
CCHS staff and students maintain an independent website that has further information. Click here to visit this page.
Prospective families can download a compressed registration document here.
High School Journey
After much encouragement from CCA families, prayer, and a real sense of need in Lanark County, we are very excited to have established a Christian High School at CCA starting in the 2015-16 school year with a grade 9 class. In 2016-17 we expanded to include grades 9-11. We are excited to offer grades 9-12 for the 2017-18 school year. Our desire has been to take little steps each year and know these steps will be with a powerful God that will be leading us. We truly are excited to see God at work at Calvary Christian High School (CCHS).
Adolescence is a pivotal time in an individual’s development and the opportunity CCHS will give students to flourish in their faith, have real mission serving opportunities each year, be involved in a unique community and have a very strong academic education is so exciting.
Our vision for CCHS is to create an innovative, multi-faceted, dynamic and technology rich learning environment that will provide every student with the opportunity for success, self-discovery and leadership in Christ.
CCHS is a non-traditional high school that will look different than other high schools around. We desire our students to be disciples of Jesus Christ and to pursue excellence in an environment that looks to nurture their faith and build each other up. We desire our students to be individual thinkers and learners that can draw on each other for learning. Students at CCHS need to have a desire to follow Jesus, work independently and collaboratively and have a desire to pursue academic excellence.
Students from the 2015-16 grade 9 leading worship at a Capital Campaign celebration – Click here
CCHS Uniforms and Logo
The design of the CCHS logo was created by CCA teacher Nathan Rice with Psalm 1 in mind. The Psalmist records for us a warning of the way of destruction and to teach us the way of blessedness. Specifically the logo reflects Psalm 1:3 illustrating a fruit bearing tree planted with deep roots by the water. It is our desire to continue to help our students plant their spiritual roots deeper and deeper by streams of living water in communion with God, delighting in the law of the Lord.
- be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever they do, they prosper.” Psalm 1:3
For the early years of CCHS, a decision has been made to use accredited Ministry of Education Curriculum through the Virtual Learning Centre (VLC).
A complete list of VLC courses can be found here.
The Lord has blessed CCA tremendously over the years and we continue to see His hand on this school ministry. The past few years we have unmistakably experienced the Lord’s blessing on our school. Below are a few highlights.
- In January 2014, we celebrated together as we completed and opened our new addition, an Early Childhood Education Wing. This added two classrooms – preschool and kindergarten, as well as supporting rooms. Furthermore, our hard-working staff now have a new staffroom and washroom to call their own.
- Our Appleseeds Preschool opened its doors in 2011 with a part-time program, and was immediately successful. Now into our fifth year and offering full time preschool care, we have a waiting list for preschool spots. We have also seen new preschool families enroll their children in CCA kindergarten.
- Our Capital Campaign has a new CCA representative and we currently have a 5-year pledge total exceeding $500,000. This allowed us to construct Phase 1 of our expansion, our Early Childhood Education Wing and reduce our current mortgage by $120,000.
- In 2012 CCA introduced a Summer Camp Program. Camps in academics, arts and athletics are offered, drawing in many new faces to our school facilities. Our camp initiative also enables us to employ two summer students under a government-sponsored Canada Summer Job program.
- Our newest initiative is The Storeroom, CCA’s family thrift shop, located in downtown Carleton Place. The Storeroom is progressing very well and this new volunteer-run business is generating significant funds, helping to make CCA more affordable to families.
It was our early vision that we open our doors to a high school. The Directors and Principal at the Academy have been prayerful while researching and investigating the merits of a Christian High School at CCA. The High School will serve as an extension of the Academy, building on the vision and practices that have made CCA a success. The school is being phased in, starting with a Grade 9 program in 2015-16.
High School Mission Statement
As a secondary institution our mission at CCA is to provide an innovative and dynamic learning environment that provides all students with multiple opportunities for success and self-actualization. We will take a holistic approach to the development of each student as a “whole person” challenging them and nurturing them intellectually, physically, emotionally, psychologically, socially and spiritually. Our goal is to develop our students into independent and capable young adults with a desire to serve the Lord and others, by providing them with an education rooted in core Christian values. We will pursue every avenue to ensure that our students are well equipped to navigate the challenges of tertiary study and vocational choice.
If CCA expanding to include a High School is of interest to you, we would love to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to send us an email as well if you would like further information or have feedback for us.